Repointing protects your home from internal damp problems and water penetrating in to your cavity. This can also help the overall structure of your home.
Gaps in the mortar caused over time by weathering and decay not only look bad but can let in water, which through constant freezing/thawing and subsequent salt deposits can cause long-term damage.
The water can get into the cavity itself and start to cause damp problems; especially you have insulated cavity walls.
Eventually all homes will require re-pointing brickwork maintenance to be carried out. It’s just part and parcel of living in the UK, it doesn’t matter whether it’s Sussex, Surrey or further up the country. The UK weather is constantly chipping away at the structure of our homes.
With time served bricklayers we know our brickwork, let our experienced tradesmen quickly and cleanly restore your old, weathered or damaged brickwork.
How Do We Repoint Your Brickwork
- Sussex and Surrey use an injection repointing system. Our team is trained to obtain the best results. The correct depth of rake is first obtained by use of a professional dust extraction system with the guards linked to a designed dust extraction unit which reduces the property and the operative from the mess and inconvenience normally associated with raking out. Before applying new mortar, the brickwork is cleaned using a jet sprayer to wash away any existing dust and provide maximum grip to the brickwork. We also use traditional tried and tested methods when required also. So no matter what the job we will help and remedy any situation.
- With our in-house scaffolding we can offer a complete service with the benefit of dealing with only one contractor and the added bonus of no hidden hire charges.
Why choose Sussex & Surrey Repointing
- Local firm based in and serving customers all over Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire
- Highly skilled and experienced brickwork specialists
- Undertaking all aspects of re-pointing and brickwork
- Dust extraction units on all re-pointing jobs
- Fantastic rates with free quotations
- No extra charge for scaffolding hire
- All work is guaranteed and we offer complete aftercare service
- Domestic and commercial clients welcome
If you would like friendly, expert advice on your re-pointing, making sure your home and buildings stay protected for longer why not contact us today and get a free quotation. Call 01243 606634.